This slice is simple to make and really delicious! You can either use the recipe for the caramel filing or substitute a can of ready-made caramel topping. Aldi sells ready-made caramel for the same price as condensed milk. For the slice in the photo I used a can of ready-made caramel and some left over mixed nuts.
- 1 c SR flour or gluten free SR flour
- ½ c sugar
- ½ c dessicated coconut
- 100 g butter, melted
- 1 can condensed milk
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 30 g butter
- 1 ½ c chopped nuts of your choice
- Place dry ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Add melted butter and mix with a spoon until combined.
- Press into a lined slice tray with the back of a spoon.
- Bake at 180 C/170 C (fan forced) for 20 mins or until slightly browned.
Filling and Topping
- Place all filling ingredients into a small saucepan.
- Stir over low heat until butter has melted and sugar has dissolved.
- Pour over base.
- Sprinkle nuts over filling and bake for a further 20 minutes.