I came across some lovely blogs recently which featured lists of frugal tasks done during the week. These simple lists were a great encouragement to me that every little bit of effort adds up to great savings. So I thought I might sometimes document some of the little frugal tasks I do in list form. Thanks girls for the great idea! You may also like to check out these lovely blogs: debt free, cashed up and laughing and my abundant life07.
So … here are a few frugal things I did this past week:
- propagated some plants from cuttings
- divided my succulents and planted new pups out into pots for sharing
- cooked from scratch for all our meals
- cooked some cakes and cookies for the freezer
- made a roast chicken in the crock pot, then made stock and soup from the one chicken
- made home made dog food with chicken stock, vegetable scraps and leftover pasta, I add some of this to dry dog food for extra fibre for an aging dog!
- divided and transplanted tons of Clivia plants, shared some with some friends
- line dried all our washing
- had a movie night at home with home made buttered popcorn
- made chilli relish and dried some chilli for later use
- made mini pizzas on sour dough to use up some excess tomatoes
- had mini pizzas with home made pumpkin soup from the freezer for an easy dinner after a big day out
- enjoyed hours of free entertainment and exercise whilst gardening
What frugal things did you do this week?