Here’s a great recipe for another super easy Christmas treat. The kids will love to help with this one! It is quick and easy and all mixes up in the one bowl. If you would like to make your rocky road gluten free just select gluten free chocolate, marshmallows and lollies. I used turkish delight in place of jelly lollies. Once set, you could chop your rocky road up into bite sized pieces and wrap it in cellophane for a lovely simple home-made gift. Kids will love to be included in some special “cooking” around this time of year. Doing some simple home cooking is a fun way to entertain them in the lead up to Christmas… sure beats running around the shops!
- 225 g Chocolate Melts
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup jelly lollies or glace cherries
- 15 g melted Copha (coconut oil)
- 18-20 marshmallows
- Place chocolate melts and Copha in a microwavable bowl.
- Melt on medium heat in microwave, stirring often.
- Add all other ingredients to the melted chocolate.
- Mix until everything is coated then spread into a tray lined with baking paper.
- Refrigerate until firm, then cut into bite sized pieces.