I don’t know about you, but one of my favourite things to do at this time of year is a little bit of festive baking. I know you can buy all sorts of Christmas treats at the supermarket, but you just can’t beat the taste of homemade treats. This recipe was an experiment and turned out delicious so I thought I would share it. I have made these gluten free, but if you don’t need to eat a gluten free diet you could easily substitute any sweet biscuit you like. They also can be dairy free, if you use the Leda Arrowroot biscuits and roll the mixture in crushed nuts rather than dipping them in chocolate. These freeze really well, just pop them in a plastic bag or freezer container once they are set.
- 3/4 cup of your favourite peanut butter
- 2/3 cup of icing sugar
- 1 x 200g packet of Leda Gluten Free Arrowroot biscuits (crushed)
- 30 g copha (coconut oil) melted
- 200 g chocolate melts or crushed nuts for coating
- Crush biscuits either in a food processor or with a rolling pin.
- Place biscuit crumbs into a large mixing bowl.
- Add peanut butter, icing sugar and melted copha.
- Combine all ingredients with a large spoon.
- Roll into walnut sized balls and refrigerate.
- Dip peanut butter balls in melted chocolate then place them on baking paper lined trays to set in the refrigerator.
- Alternatively, for a dairy free option, you could roll balls in crushed nuts or icing sugar.