Here’s a lovely old fashioned desert which is very easy to do. You can use any fresh fruit like apples, peaches or even mixed berries. But if you are short on time, a can of fruit will do the trick too! I threw this together in less than ten minutes and it is just the thing for a cosy night in. If you need to make this gluten free, I suggest using the Aldi brand of gluten free flour, it is an excellent flour, as well as very economical.
- 1 large can peaches (drained) or 2 cups of fruit of your choice
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup flour or gluten free flour
- 60 g butter
- Place fruit of your choice in a greased pie dish.
- Combine flour, sugar and almonds in a medium sized bowl.
- Chop butter into small pieces and rub into dry ingredients until it forms a crumble consistency.
- Sprinkle crumble on top of fruit.
- Bake at 180 C / 350 F for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve warm or cold with cream or ice cream.