Chicken Schnitzel is a favourite in our house, and this gluten free version is so much nicer than anything you can buy. The combination of parmesan cheese and almond meal makes a really tasty coating and you’d never know you were eating gluten free! I used chicken tenderloin since I bought a large quantity on sale for $4.99 a kilo recently (yay!), but you can use chicken breast too. If you use chicken breast, just slice it into pieces about a half inch thick before tenderizing.
- 500 g / 1 lb chicken fillets (I used tenderloins)
- 2/3 cup almond meal
- 2/3 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg (beaten)
- Combine almond meal, parmesan and a little salt and pepper in a medium sized bowl.
- Beat egg with a fork in a separate bowl.
- Tenderize chicken with a mallet or slice and tenderize depending on which cut of chicken you are using.
- Dip chicken pieces into egg, then into crumbs and set aside.
- Shallow fry chicken in a large skillet on medium heat for two to three minutes on either side, (heat oil a little before placing chicken in skillet).
Serve with salad and enjoy!