These veggie fritters make a quick, easy and relatively healthy lunch or snack. I made these up in a jiffy today and they were delicious. My zucchini plants are going crazy, so I thought I would pick some of the new little zucchinis and use them for lunch. The recipe calls for roughly two cups of finely grated carrot and zucchini, but you could really use any vegetable you fancy. They would be especially good with some corn kernels. Also, if you haven’t found a gluten free flour you like, I find the Aldi brand to be excellent as well a economical.
- 1 ¾ cups GF self raising flour or regular SR flour.
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp salt
- bit of pepper
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 cups of finely grated zucchini and carrot
- Combine flour, egg, salt, pepper and milk in a bowl and mix to form a batter.
- Add grated vegetables and mix together.
- Shallow fry pikelet sized spoonfuls in a little oil, turning when bubbles begin to form.
- Cooked when golden brown.
Enjoy with some salad and possibly some sweet chilli sauce!